Thursday, October 12, 2006

Needles reconciliation... a very long journey

Knitting was one of the things I was taught as a child. I used to knit on and off until I left France for good in my early 20s. When I became pregnant for the first time last year, I was so ecstatic that I bought a knitting book and needles. I wanted to knit all the booties in the book! Very sadly, the pregnancy ended. So did pregnancy #2 and #3. I buried my needles in a box, in the darkest corner of my closet. It took me months to erase the memory of knitting and miscarriages.

Last week, I finally reconciled with the needles when I met for real a new knitter friend I had met on a knitting forum! We met at our local yarn store in Santa Monica. It was like being in a candy store (and I have a very sweet tooth!) It all came back to me. I remembered how much I used to enjoy knitting. Yesterday, I hosted a "knitting tea party" at home. Well, that was real fun! More English tea and cookies next week..!




On a totally different note, a happy birthday to my dad who turned 60 today! Sorry I can't be home for the forthcoming celebration. I'm sure you will all have a very happy celebration on Sunday! Joyeux Anniversaire!